Friday, July 11, 2008

A TRIBUTE TO MY MOTHER

My mom died in the summertime
The sun was shining bright
She left this world to go on home
She left without a fight

I loved her so
I'd like to know
Why God would want
To take her though

I'll miss her much
I'll miss her touch
She always was so sweet
Goodbye dear Mom
Goodbye for now
God's gift was you - a treat

~written by my brother, Barry

My mother passed from this life into the presence of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth on July 11, 1999. How quickly the time flies away.

Her faith in God through the Lord Jesus Christ sustained her daily while she walked this earth and now holds her safely in God's arms. I praise God for such a fine example of what a godly mother is. Though she was not perfect, she knew where to turn for guidance, and along with my father faithfully led us to the truth that is found in Christ alone. I know that God will richly reward her for loving us enough to do so. May God bless all the mothers who train up their children in the ways of the Lord in these difficult days. May you continue to look to Him for strength and wisdom.


"My Mother's Faith" By Cynthia Clawson

No comments: