Wednesday, April 16, 2008

CHRISTIAN CLASSIC ETHEREAL LIBRARY PROMOTING CONTEMPLATIVE SPIRITUALITY

I am sad to announce that Christian Classics Ethereal Library (CCEL) is now promoting contemplative spirituality on its website, as reported by Lighthouse Trails Research in their latest newsletter (Click HERE to read it). The CCEL has provided a valuable tool to those who do research on the web, but due to the fact that it is now promoting the contemplative pathway, indicating a lack of spiritual discernment, I have chosen to remove it from my sidebar listed under Online Books/Papers. Those who pursue this pathway are in grievous error. As it is not my intention to promote or lead anyone into this type of deception, I have felt it necessary to take this action.

A good paper which I am now reading and will recommend about this subject is The Evangelical Attraction to Mysticism by Alan Morrison.

No comments: