Thursday, June 19, 2008

JUST A COUPLE OF THINGS

I found an article today on the topic of environmentalism that I think gives a balanced view in light of the Bible's teachings. Although God's Word teaches that we are to be good stewards, the majority of environmentalist are using the world's "groanings" as a front to implement a worldwide unity (rebellion) against the Creator of all that is, rather than as an indication of the effects of sin on the world and a warning to avoid God's coming wrath against Satan and his forces. Read Bible Prophecy and Environmentalism by Todd Strandberg at the Rapture Ready website. Although I'm not sure I agree with everything Strandberg says in this article about the source of energy we should be using (nuclear), I agree with his stance in general. You can also read my article, ECO SALVATION?, which deals with a similar topic and reveals the New Age philosophy behind much of the environmental program.


**************************************************


In the past few weeks I've received some comments on my article about the Noahide Laws by somebody who strongly believes that all Christians will go through the 7-year Tribulation period prophesied in Scripture. It was because of this that I have been reading many articles today at the Rapture Ready website after browsing through one of Carla's latest posts (Back to Reality - 10 End-Time Signs for Heathens) linking to their site. Defending the Pre-Trib Rapture, another article by Todd Strandberg answers some of the objections some Christians have to the idea of the rapture of the church at the beginning of the Tribulation, as well as some of the problems that arise with this view.

One of the main reasons those who defend the church's presence during the Tribulation is that they think pre-tribbers will be fooled into accepting the anti-christ as the one who shows up in the clouds as part of his attempt to deceive even the elect. Although I do understand that Satan has many tricks up his sleeve, I also believe that those who have a love of the truth will also be given discernment in this area. 2 Thessalonians chapter 2 addresses this topic. For this reason, I personally am not afraid of being deceived. This is not a matter of being prideful or of burying my head in the sand, but rather because of my confidence and trust in Christ's work on the cross and my love for the written Word including my understanding of prophetic events about lying signs and wonders and the modern-day false prophets. I do think that Satan will provide his own theory to explain the rapture away to those who are left behind, and that the technology may exist to create a fake type of rapture. When I first heard about this quite some time ago it gave me some cause for worry for a time, until I remembered that God knows who His own are and that His sheep know His voice. There is no doubt in my heart and mind where my faith and hope lie, and so I have confidence that He will keep me in the shadow of His wings.

"...for I know whom I have believed,
and am persuaded that he is able
to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."
( 2 Timothy 1:12)

There have been a number of times I have wavered from the pre-tribulation view, but I have to keep coming back to it every time because I always run into a serious snag with all the others. Pre-trib just makes the most sense according to Scripture most any way I look at it. Although I'm not sure I agree unequivocally with everything on this site (babes being snatched from the womb's of unsaved women at the rapture?), it does provide a whole truckload of good information for anyone struggling with the issue. Take some time to check it out for yourself. As always, be a Berean; if it doesn't line up with Scripture, toss it out.

No comments: